COVID-19 RESPONSE: Learning from Home!
Our school building will remain closed until further notice. However, VIRTUAL learning commenced on Tuesday, March 24! Teachers are delivering their courses digitally and students are learning in new and interesting ways!
Here are the highlights:
• Courses continue via our online education and school management platform, Edsby.
• Lessons are being taught and new assignments are being given, collected, and marked.
• The school day begins with an online assembly on our YouTube channel, TDCHWoodbridge. A school day schedule is posted so that students know when their specific classes will meet via virtual learning and so attendance can be taken.
• Lessons, videos, assignments, plans, notes and more can be accessed 24/7.
• Our teachers and staff continue to be available, communicating with students through Edsby messaging.
• Parents, guardians, and homestay parents have the ability to directly message teachers.
• Some teachers are delivering lessons via videoconferencing. Other teachers already post instructional videos and will continue to do so.
• All students have access to Office 365 and the complete Adobe suite of products and applications at home.
• Our Resource department will continue to support our learners with specific needs.
• An after school homework club is meeting virtually twice a week.
• Parent-Student-Teacher Learning Dialogues (by phone or online) are coming soon.
Can you give to the COVID-19 Contingency Fund?
This short-term fund has been set up to allow TDChristian to allocate monies to the area(s) of greatest need (e.g. tuition assistance, staffing, online tools, and Project 20/20) so that we can continue to help students learn for service in the light of God's Word. We appreciate any donations.
We acknowledge that these are difficult times. We appreciate your partnership – families, students and the greater community. We will move forward actively in faith and prayer, making decisions by continually seeking God’s direction day-by-day.
The team at TDChristian will continue to work hard at continuing to provide learning opportunities begun earlier this semester at our building at 377 Woodbridge Avenue.
We are committed to enfolding, engaging, and empowering our students to learn for service in the light of God’s Word, and pray for the day when we can come back together in person.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, we pray that you and your loved ones may remain safe.